Problem Set Three
Notes: Use 9.8 m/s 2 for the acceleration due to gravity. For Newton’s Law calculations, mass must be expressed in kg and velocity must be expressed in m/s.
1. An automobile weighs 2000 lb. Calculate the weight of the car in N and its mass in kg.
2. What is the acceleration of a car that moves from a speed of 2.5 m/s to a speed of 25 m/s during a time of 6.5 s?
3. An astronaut has a mass of 120 kg. She recedes from her spacecraft using spurts of gas from a small unit on her back. If the force generated by the gas spurt is 50 N, calculate her acceleration.
4. A steady 45 N horizontal force is applied to a 15 kg object on a table. The object slides against a friction force of 30 N. Calculate the acceleration of the object in m/s.
5. A man with a mass of 110 kg slides down a vertical pole with an acceleration of 9 m/s2. What is the frictional force acting on the man?
6. A space ship has a mass of 75,000 kg. What net force is required to accelerate it to 20 m/s2 ?
7. A net force of 3500 N accelerates a car from rest to 46 km/h in 5 s. What is the mass of the car?
8. A force of 3.2 N is applied to an 8.5 gram rifle bullet. What is the bullet’s acceleration?
9. An automobile is pulled by a horizontal tow line, with a force of 950 N. If its acceleration is 1.0 m/s2, calculate the mass of the automobile.
10. What is the weight in Newtons of a 250 gram box of breakfast cereal?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more